What do you need?
- 600 g chicken thigh fillets
- 75 ml soy sauce with lower salt content
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 150 ml cider vinegar
- 2 tbs dark soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 800 g Belgian fries
How do you prepare it?
- Put the chicken thigh fillets in a bowl and cover with the soy sauce. Leave to marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan, scrape the excess marinade from the chicken and fry the chicken until golden brown on all sides in ± 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the coconut milk, cider vinegar, soy sauce, garlic bay leaves and pepper to the marinade. Mix well.
- Glaze the pan with the marinade, bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the chicken and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the sauce and keep warm. Let the sauce thicken in 5 to 10 minutes.
- Prepare the Belgian fries according to the instructions on the packaging OR deep fry the Belgian fries± 5 minutes until golden brown at 170 °C.
- Serve the chicken with Belgian fries.