What do you need?
- 1 to 2 tomatoes
- 5 big red chili peppers, finely sliced
- optional: some small chili peppers
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 3 small shallots, finely sliced
- 1 tsp prawn paste
- 1 green chili, in rings
- a few sprigs of coriander
How do you prepare it?
- Peel, deseed and dice the tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, fry the chili peppers, garlic and shallots until transparent. Add the prawn paste and cook briefly.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cane sugar and allow to thicken. Season with salt.
- Prepare the Belgian fries according to the instructions on the packaging OR deep fry the Belgian fries ± 5 minutes until golden brown at 170 °C.
- Serve with chili sauce, garnish with green chili rings and fresh coriander.