What do you need?
- 6 to 8 eggs
- 800 g Belgian fries
- 1 to 2 tomatoes
- 5 big red chili peppers, finely sliced
- optional: some small chili peppers
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 3 small shallots, finely sliced
- 1 tsp prawn paste
- cane sugar
How do you prepare it?
- Peel, deseed and dice the tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, fry the chili peppers, garlic and shallots until transparent. Add the prawn paste and cook briefly.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cane sugar and allow to thicken. Season with salt.
- Boil the eggs for 8 minutes, peel and deep fry them for 3 to 4 minutes at 175 °C.
- Prepare the Belgian fries according to the instructions on the packaging OR deep fry the Belgian fries ± 5 minutes until golden brown at 170 °C.
- Put the eggs in the chili sauce and serve with Belgian fries. Scatter some sea salt over the Belgian fries.