What do you need?
- 500 g scampi
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbs cane sugar
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 800 g Belgian fries
How do you prepare it?
- Remove the shell and intestines from the scampi.
- Put the scampi, garlic, cane sugar and fish sauce in a blender and mix to a paste. Add the egg yolk, cornflour and spring onions and mix well.
- Shape the paste into balls and refrigerate for 15 minutes to stiffen up. Fry or deep fry the prawn cakes in a pan with some oil.
- Prepare the Belgian fries according to the instructions on the packaging OR deep fry the Belgian fries ± 5 minutes until golden brown at 170 °C.
- Serve the prawn cakes with chili sauce and lime. Scatter some paprika powder over the Belgian fries.