What do you need?
- 300 g flour
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 2 tbs sugar
- 150 g water
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbs oil
- 800 g Belgian fries
- raw vegetables
- leftover chicken
- fish or belly pork
How do you prepare it?
- Dissolve the yeast in 150 g lukewarm water (± 35 °C). Put the flour, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl, gradually add the yeast mixture to the flour and mix with a chopstick or fork.
- Knead until the dough becomes smooth. If necessary, add some extra water. Cover the bowl and leave to rest for 1 hour until the dough has doubled in size.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and place on a floured work surface. Knead the dough for 5 minutes. Divide the dough into 2 and roll out into a long roll. Cut into portions.
- Place the buns in a food steamer, leaving some room between them. Fill the steamer with cold water, cover the buns and leave to rest for 10 to 20 minutes (until the buns are fluffy). Bring the water in the steamer to the boil and steam for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve the buns hot or cold. Fill the buns with a selection of crunchy vegetables (lettuce, red cabbage, radishes, cucumber, …), leftover chicken or bacon.
- Prepare the Belgian fries according to the instructions on the packaging OR deep fry the Belgian fries ± 5 minutes until golden brown at 170 °C. Serve the buns with Belgian fries.